An excellent conversation with Patrina Pelton-Smith, the principal consultant with The Business of Charity. She focuses on non-profit formation, infrastructure, administration, and grant writing to support her clients in successfully meeting their organization’s mission. This episode, we discuss nonprofit board development during pandemic:
- Recruitment is an ongoing process. “You should always be looking for your successor.”
- Board candidates currently finding themselves with time.
- Candidates know there’s a need across nonprofits.
- This may not be a time to do recruiting if an org is in the middle of a pivot.
- Keeping your house in order.
- The board self-assessment along with the messaging to give to board prospects.
- Getting nonprofits ready to engage in the recruiting cycle.