The last of three conversations we had with Sarah Olivieri, Founder of PivotGround. This time we talk about budgeting–specifically about budgeting changes an organization may need to make as a result of pandemic. We discuss:
- The budget tells a story. It tells you what’s going on and what the financial plan is.
- Boosting the money generating activities. Do not cut money generating activities.
- Examining the fraction of the overall budget that should be targeted for money generating activities.
- If organizational failure seems imminent, what can that org do?
- Sarah offers a budgeting template on her Pivot Ground website:
We welcome your questions and feedback via The Nonprofit Snapshot website or the Wellspring Nonprofit Resource website. The Nonprofit SnapCast records at Strongbox West, in Atlanta.