Mickey talks with Monique Salinas of Ascend LLC about board relations and what it takes to nourish your nonprofit board of directors. Among the things we discuss:
- Most nonprofit organizations have a love/hate relationship with their Board of Directors. Why does this happen?
- Few nonprofits and their boards take the time to get the professional education/training that could remarkably improve their relationships and as result more successfully accomplish their missions.
- Staff does not adequately communicate organizational information to the board in a timely manner, or at all.
- Boards either maintain a hands-off attitude and do nothing, or they attempt to micromanage the staff and organization.
- Recommendations on how to improve the state of affairs for dysfunctional boards.
We welcome support of the Nonprofit SnapCast via Patreon.
We welcome your questions and feedback via The Nonprofit Snapshot website.