Pat Duffy of The Giving Block speaks with the SnapCast about helping nonprofits accept cryptocurrency (such as bitcoin) as part of their fundraising portfolio. The Giving Block was founded in 2018 after seeing hundreds of millions of dollars in Bitcoin being donated to the few nonprofits that were equipped to accept those donations. Among the things we talk about:
- Tax incentives, and the other reasons crypto is rising as a donation method
- How are nonprofits getting in front of crypto users
- How are nonprofits turning crypto users into crypto donors
- What considerations matter when getting setup to accept crypto
- What are the mistakes nonprofits make while fundraising crypto, and what works
We welcome support of the Nonprofit SnapCast via Patreon.
We welcome your questions and feedback via The Nonprofit Snapshot website.