In the nonprofit sector, we use stories and images to capture the interest (and care) of community members and potential donors.
- How often are those stories and images used in extractive ways, that reproduce the dynamics of giver/receiver, service provider/recipient?
- How do the stories we tell and the images we choose, replicate harm and perpetuate false narratives?
- Who is collecting, shaping, and telling stories, and for whose benefit?
- How can story be rooted in powerful and authentic co-creation, and be shaped by the voices and leadership of those at the center of the work?
We are thrilled to highlight the perspectives of:
- Ivellisse Morales, Founder & CEO of bombilla
- Tania Anaissie, Founder and CEO at Beytna Design
We welcome support of the Nonprofit SnapCast via Patreon.
We welcome your questions and feedback via The Nonprofit Snapshot website.