Rachel Branaman, Principal of Talem Consulting, visits the SnapCast to speak with Mickey about what the data says about board diversity and how they benefit from diversification. We discuss:
- The impact of the current statistics regarding diversity of nonprofit boards
- Value add of diverse voices and lived experiences in the board room
- Types of biases and the power structures in nonprofit organizations and boards
- Ways we know systemic racism is real
- Shaping organizational culture to ensure an organization is able to maintain effective DEIA practices
We welcome support of the Nonprofit SnapCast via Patreon.
We welcome your questions and feedback via The Nonprofit Snapshot website.