Jenni Craig visits the SnapCast to talk about Affinity Programs, how to develop them, and how they benefit any philanthropic endeavor. Jenni has over fifteen years of experience in higher education, and is currently the principal at Affinity Makers, helping nonprofits to define and build their affinity programs. (Prior to Affinity Makers, Jenni’s efforts have generated $2M in memberships and major gifts for Embry Riddle.) Among the things we discuss:
- Moves management tool to grow annual giving into mid-level donors, and mid-level donors into major gift prospects
- According to the Chronicle of Philanthropy, mid-level donors make up 1% of an organizations total donor base, yet their contributions can make up 34% of total donor revenue
- Affinity programs strengthen a donor’s affinity for the organization, create reliable & consistent revenue, and develop a major gift donor pipeline
- Statistically, a $100,000 gift takes 18 months and 8-10 touchpoints between a donor and a major gift officer; affinity programs move the needle without the pressure and investment of ongoing one-on-one cultivation.
- Three necessities for a thriving mid-level donor program:
1. Touchpoint/communications calendar 2. Stewardship plan 3. Cultivation plan
- Whether an organization is looking to expand their donor base or grow current annual fund donors, affinity programs are a proven system for making these goals possible.