Rhoden Monrose grew up in Harlem, NY after emigrating from Saint Lucia at the age of twelve. Rhoden’s personal experiences with nonprofit organizations helped fuel his passion to develop a technology platform where other young professionals have the opportunity to engage with nonprofits at a higher level. He founded CariClub, a unique online platform strategically positioned at the intersection of corporate citizenship and professional networking. CariClub gives young professionals access to philanthropic leadership opportunities, specifically associate board positions with well-known nonprofits and foundations. We discuss:
- What Cari Club is, and the communities it serves.
- The Importance of Diversity on Boards.
- The Relationship Between Board Service & Leadership Development.
- CariClub’s Pilot Board Matching Program for People of Color.
- How Rhoden uses the events of today as motivation for the future.