Rania Mankarious, CEO of Crime Stoppers of Houston, guests on the SnapCast. We talk about The Balanced Voice podcast, her work with Crime Stoppers, and the challenges she currently faces in the current climate. Among the topics we cover:
- Fundraising and the need for effective messaging and marketing. You can have the best product in the world but if the community doesn’t know it, get it and relate to it, you have no value.
- Know your audience. Nonprofits must speak to so many different groups – their donors, their volunteers, their team, their partners and the communities they serve. It’s an art and a science to understand how to message individually or simultaneously to all.
- Strategic planning is sometimes a myth.
- When it comes to fundraising, think broadly, think strategically and think ahead. It’s critical that NGOs are ready for whatever punches they take. Layering support and expanding support options is critical.
- Social media is the greatest tool in your tool belt. Not enough nonprofits use it to tell their stories or they use it only to post events or “flyers.” Social media and the virtual world can and should be your greatest entryway for the community to learn about the nuances of your work.