Dolph Goldenburg visits the SnapCast to talk about strategic planning for nonprofits. Dolph serves as a consultant, coach, and confidant for nonprofit leaders; and he is the Principal Consultant for Successful Nonprofits.
A good strategic planning process re-energizes your nonprofit organization by engaging your Board, staff, funders, and constituents in a meaningful manner. Nonprofits that develop a robust strategic plan build more effective programs, experience more fundraising success, and encounter fewer operational issues. The opposite is also true: charities that fail to plan typically struggle with programs, fundraising, and operations.
A good strategic planning process:
· Aligns Board, staff, and donors around your mission and objectives
· Guides and nurtures program growth
· Offers a roadmap for governance
· Supports the chief executive in management decisions
· Serves as a fundraising tool